We like to keep an eye out for the new and interesting, and in our travels we always like to share some of our top picks along the way … we welcome you to do the same, please comment if you know of something that the rest of us might not!
- Human Rights Management Insights Video. Watch and learn about the four steps BSR suggests for a successful human rights management system, in line with the new UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights. Also, get answers to some of the frequently asked questions from companies in implementing a human rights program.
- Paper is Made from What?! Paper is certainly made from trees (or other fibrous plants), but there is a whole slew of other materials that paper is “made” from. Take a look at the process in a little more detail and you may be surprised at what you find.
- Green Scene: Report finds uneven results in green building projects. A new report on green buildings in Illinois shows owners who pay a premium for eco-friendly features find it’s worth it, but only if managers maintain the building’s systems as intended. Doug Widener, executive director of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Illinois Chapter, was recently interviewed at the Greenbuild conference and discussed some of the Illinois chapter’s latest study findings.
- Transparency and the Role of Environmental Product Declarations. This new guidance document helps to educate all stakeholders about Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and helps to clarify the role of the EPD Program Operator. It covers topics such as market demand for EPDs, ISO 14025 compliant EPD creation process, importance of life cycle analysis in the EPD creation process, why Product Category Rules (PCRs) are needed, necessity for PCR harmonization, role of the EPD Program Operator, and what's next for EPDs … including the management of public data.
- Report Highlights How Small- and Medium-Sized Companies Can Profit From Sustainability. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) released a comprehensive international research report underlining the growing emphasis small- and medium-sized enterprises are placing on sustainability as it becomes increasingly crucial to business performance. The report focuses on nine case studies - three each from the UK, US, and Canada - showing smaller companies who are taking different approaches to the same core issues, all using sustainable practices to their advantage.
- The Journey of Sustainable Business. This creative video lesson explores the journey that business is taking towards sustainability from being in non-compliance with the law, to reaching compliance, and then moving beyond compliance and finally, integrating sustainability into the heart of their business strategy.
Interested in learning more about sustainability consulting or grabbing some great resources if you’re feeling a little stuck? Sustainability is an ever-evolving field, and as sustainability consultants, we’re constantly learning new things. Instead of keeping all of this knowledge to ourselves, we are always open to sharing! From our webinars to our white papers and more, we hope you find what you’re looking for!