Where did 2012 go? It was a great year for us and in the midst of so much activity it really flew by. Looking back, some of our favorite projects have included helping companies finalize their carbon footprints for annual Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) reports and working with clients on their annual Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) assessment.
We wrapped up several CDP reports for our clients, and helped Chicken of the Sea in their sustainability journey as they moved to publish their first-ever sustainability report! We were also busy with client projects like providing independent verifications for Montgomery County's Green Business Certification, celebrating with our client Teck Resources on their continued inclusion in the DJSI, and providing ongoing support for green nonprofits through our work with NeighborWorks America.
Jennifer was elected Vice Chairman of the Coalition for Responsible Fire Protection and was still able to attend several key conferences and events while keeping up with the SSC pace. One of our favorites was a stakeholder workshop hosted by Verite and Walmart, bringing together members of the food and agriculture value chain to talk about social sustainability standards. We also really enjoyed FMI/GMA Sustainability Summit that focused on sustainability activities in the food and agriculture industry.
We finished another onsite waste audit, and despite the "dirty work" it was great to meet new faces from the SSC Consultant Network and work together! A special thanks to all those who reached out and especially to those who participated ... we are proud to have such a great network!
It’s been another successful year for SSC (our seventh in fact!) and we're so grateful for your loyal support across the years. Here were some of your favorite SSC resources and articles from this past year:
Top Ten SSC Blogs and Articles in 2012
- Three Ways Retailers Can Help Their Suppliers Tackle Sustainability
- The Brutal Truth about Sustainability Reporting
- Four Things Your Company Needs to Know About The Carbon Disclosure Project
- Reasons Not to Publish a Sustainability Report (At Least Not Yet)
- Case Studies Enliven Sustainability Reports
- The Untapped Potential of a Sustainability Story
- Seven Questions to Focus Sustainability Leadership
- Is the Sustainability Consulting Market Reaching Maturity?
- Setting Targets and Encouraging Behaviors That Work
- Why You Should Wait to Act on Sustainability
Top Ten SSC Resources in 2012
- Green Retrofitting 101
- Every Last Drop: Water and the Sustainable Business
- Engaging Employees in the Company's Sustainability
- Choosing Sustainability Management Software for Your Business
- Become a Sustainability Champion: At any Career Level
- Sustainable Manufacturing: Comparing Lean, Six Sigma, and Total Quality Manufacturing
- Sustainability Consulting 101 - Introduction to Sustainability Consulting
- Sustainability Change Management: We’ve Had the Green Audit...Now What?
- Sustainability Certifications and Standards
- SSC Green Auditor Certification
This is our last blog for 2012, and we will be signing off to enjoy the holidays! We will be closing our office December 20, 2012 and will reopen on January 7, 2013 ... except for previous commitments to existing clients. From the team at SSC we wish you happy holidays and hope that a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2013 is had by all!