We're continuing our journey through 13 different services offered by sustainability consultants, and today we're focusing on the #12 most popular type of offering:
12. Events (17.2%)
Hosting, producing and planning for “green events,” or the greening of any event.
This offering focuses on sustainable events. For example, a company might host green business conferences in cities all across the country while another company might work with event planners and will green anything from a wedding to an Earth Day concert. Green event planning is typically a principal offering with sustainability strategy consulting generally taking backstage.
Common Jargon and Terminology: Eco Events, Earth Day Planners, etc.
Where You’ve Seen It: Verde Hospitality Consultants focuses on the greening of events. Three Squares Inc. has extensive green events planning experience, including the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
See the other types of sustainability consulting we've already covered:
- #1: Strategic Planning and Implementation
- #2: Training/Education
- #3: Marketing/Communication
- #4: Sustainability Reporting
- #5: Stakeholder Engagement
- #6: Benchmarking and Competitive Analysis
- #7: Built Environment Consulting
- #8: Energy Auditing and Operational Efficiency
- #9: Carbon and Renewable Energy
- #10: Product and Value Chain
- #11: Peer Networking
Check out our past blogs to follow the “State of the Sustainability Consulting Industry” series:
- What Sustainability Consulting Is (and Isn’t),
- Types of Sustainability Consulting Organizations,
- By the Numbers: U.S. Sustainability Consulting Market,
- and State of the Sustainability Consulting Industry to learn more about the background for these findings
If you are a new or aspiring sustainability consultant and would like to take your practice to the next level, check out the 2013 Consultant Cohort: a 6-month intensive program hosted by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) and led by SSC President Jennifer Woofter.