Social Media for Sustainability Professionals
Social Media for Sustainability Professionals
Get Social Media Savvy!
Feeling daunted by social media marketing? Building an online presence with blogging and profiles on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn can be easy and fun. Let us show you how!
Social Media for Sustainability Professionals is an online, self-guided course (usually spread over 8 weeks) that delivers practical information you need to:
- Develop and promote your brand
- Establish credibility and improve online visibility
- Promote thought leadership
- Engage with interested stakeholder groups
- Drive targeted traffic to your website or blog
- Develop direct relationships with prospects, clients, influencers in the sustainability / CSR space
Created by two experts in the fields of sustainability and social medial, we'll share different approaches to social media success, what works, and what doesn’t--with proven skills and best practices to maximize your branding potential, communicate effectively, organize your time and build a network of quality contacts.
In Each Session You Get...
- 30-60 minute video presentation
- PDF worksheet to guide your notes
- Homework and specific action steps
- Extra resources to build your confidence
What will you learn?
Through video discussions, homework, and collaborative forum discussions, you will gain new skills in:
- Strategy: See tried-and-true examples of two different sustainability consulting firms successfully using social media to increase effectiveness and reach, brand visibility, sales and business partnerships.
- Community Building: Learn how to grow your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn profiles using social media, targeting the correct online communities and grow your business.
- Design: Learn the in's and outs of what is best to do, what not to do, best practices, for website and blog design and functionality to best showcase your business, promote your brand, and share your content across multiple social media marketing channels.
- Content: Learn to create and share engaging email content including: articles, blog posts, promotions, links, featured content, tweets, and winning subject lines.
- Results: Create a comprehensive social media strategy aligned with your business goals including social media stats to measure the overall effectiveness of your online marketing.
- Networking: Learn how to collaborate online with other sustainability practitioners, small and large businesses, nonprofits, NGO's, and associations, and exchange sustainability ideas and contribute powerfully in the sustainability, CSR space.
Meet Your Guides
Jennifer Woofter, Founder and President of Strategic Sustainability Consulting (SSC), has more than a decade of experience in sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and organizational accountability systems. She helps clients make the leap between good intentions and long-term sustainable performance, and specializes in sustainability assessments and planning. She has grown SSC from a 1-person shop to a thriving business that draws upon more than 650 sustainability professionals around the world to deliver amazing results.
Julie Urlaub, Founder and Managing Partner of Taiga Company, consults, writes, speaks, blogs, and tweets on how viewing your world through the lens of sustainability can refresh your business and deliver uncommon results. Her effervescent attitude inspires others to eco action. With superstar green blogging power and over 24,000 followers on twitter, she works with companies to not only maximize sustainability strategies but also leverage social media to communicate their story of how sustainability is making a difference in their business and our world.
Here's the Agenda:
Week 1 Getting Started: The Who, What, Why of Social Media for Sustainability Professionals and their Brand
In this session, you will be able to define what social media is, its various platforms, and begin defining your “voice” in the space.
Week 2 Website: Wonder Wheel or Sign Post?
In week two you will be able to identify the key functions of a website, understand the importance of keywords, Google search, and conversion.
Week 3 Business Blogging with a Purpose
This week you learn what a blog is, the mechanics of setting up a blog, the best practices in blogging, and tools to measure your success.
Week 4 Tweet Your Way to a Better Brand
In week four you discover the joys of what Twitter is, its role in a marketing strategy, how to tweet and best practices for building a following and engaging in the Twitterverse.
Week 5 Getting Found on Facebook
Learn the difference between a Facebook page and profile, appreciate the difference between using Twitter and Facebook, how to build your page and profile and begin building relationships.
Week 6 LinkedIn, More than a Networking Tool
Discover how LinkedIn fits in as a marketing tool for your business, how to build a searchable profile, and build brand recognition.
Week 7 Customer Conversion Using Calls to Action
In this session you will learn the basics of creating good Calls To Action for conversion.
Week 8 Think Like a Publisher: Be a Communications Conglomerate
By the end of this session, you will be able to identify the Social Media Outlets and Conglomerates in the CSR/ Sustainability/ Cause Marketing space and determine if they are a fit for your communications outreach.
Bonus Section: Beyond the Basics, Exploring the Landscape of Social Media and Beyond
Explore other popular social media platforms and how they contribute to a marketing plan. We'll cover topics including Google+, podcasting, location-based services (like Foursquare and Gowalla), and more!
What Are People Saying?
I really liked the course content and think it was a great idea and great collaboration. It’s definitely worth the $249 (and more) even if you aren’t a sustainability professional and just want to learn more about social media for small business. I look forward to applying the lessons on my own business.
--- J.K.J., Sustainability Consultant and Small Business Owner
This course provided far more than just a primer on social media – it provoked me to think deeply about how to market my services. The need to think about what I want to communicate and the voice I want to use has really helped my career development!
--- L.F.B., Sustainability Consultant and LEED Green Associate
This is a fantastic program! Whether you are a sustainability professional or not, if you want to use social media tools to advance your business, this program is a must. I found all of it to be excellent, but particularly found the homework "assignments" useful. They make you apply what you have learned promptly, which aids in the retention process.
--- J.B., City of Golden, Colorado
Social Media for Sustainability Professionals is a must-have course chock-full of valuable resources, short cuts & tips, simple explanations & how-to's, and engaging discussion forums taught by available instructors with real professional experience in navigating the many facets of social media. No matter what your skill level, this course will provide amazing resources and networking opportunities for any company to succeed in marketing with today's business in social media.
--- K.W.B., Sustainability Consultant and Small Business Owner
What an amazing amount of information for the cost. It's an excellent training tool for all employees. I constantly refer back to the program for information. Great investment!
--- S.A, Social Media Strategist
This Program Is For You If You...
- Believe there is more to social media than announcing your breakfast
- Know that social media can change the world and you want to be a part of it
- Want to grow your business with the broader reach that social media offers
- Are frustrated by generic advice on social media and want specific insight into the best tools, most effective strategies, and key players in the online space
- Want to move beyond a local, physical location for your business and give it a global voice
- Create an online presence that reflects your strengths, values, priorities and sustainability perspectives
- Are committed to taking action today to build a stronger social profile
Money Back Guarantee
We are committed to your satisfaction with this class — and we want to make sure it’s a fit for you. If for any reason you’re not entirely satisfied, you are welcome to a 100% money back guarantee within 30 days of the purchase date. Your refund will be issued within one week to your credit card.
If your large group (6 and over) would like to take this class together, please contact us for special pricing!