Product Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs)
Here are some of the most common reasons our clients undertake product LCAs. Do you recognize any of them?
- I need to understand the carbon footprint of my product.
- I want to score better on our customer sustainability scorecards.
- I need to understand where to focus my efforts -- we can't do it all at once.
We offer several different kinds of product LCAs, designed to suit your goals and budget. We have relationships with most of the LCA software firms out there (but are vendor-neutral), so we can help you choose the right path and scope of work. Ready to get started? Contact us and let us walk you through your options.
See How It Works
Introduction to Life Cycle Assessments: A Primer for Business Owners
A growing number of companies are investigating the environmental impacts of the products they sell. But how do you know whether to invest in better packaging or switch to a more local supplier? Should you prioritize energy reductions or water conservation? The truth is, you can't make effective decisions about product eco-optimization without first understanding the life cycle impacts of your product. This is most effectively done with a product life cycle assessment (LCA). LCAs come in a variety of shapes, forms, and budgets. It's a complicated topic, which is why we've put together this concise primer for business owners. It covers:
- Defining a Life Cycle Assessment
- Why an LCA is Important
- Who is Utilizing LCAs
- The Process: Four Phases Explained
- The Full Service Approach
- The Self-Assessment Approach
- Questions to Ask Yourself Moving Forward
(Published November 2012, 9 pages)
Get this free white paper instantly by filling out the form to the right.